Tl;DR: Sheep Marketplace disabled withdrawals, but allowed deposits for the past 10 days or so. They have now disabled the forums after deleting posts related to the inability to withdraw and all this just to start moving the bitcoins from the marketplace to another location (BlockChain Link - Explanation below)
* 1/12/13 Update: Sheep Marketpace is now officially Down – See the details here
* Update: apparently one vendor did use bug in marketplace and did steal 5500BTC from sheep pocket – so the admin run away (see images below the quote)
* Sheep Marketplace owner / coder exposed
* Is there a Second Scam in Progress?
* Screenshots and relevant links below the quote
As was published here – http://www.sheepmarketscam.com
==========Start Quote: BAD ENGLISH – WE KNOW, working on an official report===============
Sheep MarketPlace Going to be SCAM ?
That is not confirmed yet. But there are many reasons to believe that this is true (27/11/2013):
- Sheep staff says, that withdrawals are allowed for 90% of users already, which is complete lie, as no vendor or user which we contacted is unable to withdraw (probably nobody made any withdrawal from sheep during last week).
- Sheep market delaying everyday implantation of the new tumbler (which is the reason they stopped withdrawals)
- They don`t allow nobody to withdraw funds temporary.
- They are just probably waiting to more free bitcoins to come to scam all vendors and customers (customers depositing more and more money for purchase).
- Support are probably told to just calm people down (they are maybe not aware of what is going on).
- Account which has 0.00000000 balance receiving messages from support that they can withdraw money (yes sure, can withdraw 0 balance).
! WAKE UP PEOPLE, SHEEP MARKET IS SCAM, TEHY JUST PROMISING SH*T !
- Sheep marketplace (SCAM) telling everybody they will be able to withdraw 1BTC and more within 22 hours, but now telling timer is broker … What it will be next ? You are still thinking sheep will not be scam ? Wake up people, you will loose your money.
- Sheep marketplace says, they don`t want to spam bitcoin network with small transactions – WHY THEY WOULD CARE ABOUT THAT at all ? This is not their business to take care about bitcoin network.
- We are completely sure, sheep marketplace is scam. If it will turn out to not be scam, it will be really surprise.
All of these fact are very uncomfortable to all vendors and users on sheep market place. Sheep market administrator probably just waiting to get more free bitcoins, before him close door and take all bitcoins.
SECOND UPDATE ON SHEEP SCAM 29/11/2013 / FACTS ABOUT SHEEP MARKETPLACE SCAM
- Many large volume vendors have posted in this thread to state that they have not been able to withdraw for over a week. During this time, buyers have not been able to withdraw at all. Some vendors have been paid to shut up.
- During the first week of withdrawing being down, some small volume vendors were allowed to withdraw in batches aka waves after being added to a list. After withdrawing they were messaged by staff in poor English asking them to post in this thread and say that they were able to withdraw in order to curb the bad PR they were getting from all of the other vendors in this thread. Most of the vendors who were able to withdraw during the batches had less than 1 bitcoin in their account.
- A few large volume vendors who were vocalizing their concerns in this thread were added to the list and allowed to withdraw towards the end of the last waves of vendors and they were asked to post in this thread as well. Many large volume vendors were not processed and have not been unable to withdraw for over a week now.
- They implemented a countdown timer and a 1 bitcoin minimum on withdrawing for vendors who are able to withdraw on like day 9 of withdrawing being down. The countdown timer doesn’t move at proper speed. It has gone down by an hour or two in the past 10 hours or so.
- It’s going on 9 days that all buyers and many vendors have not been able to withdraw. There’s no word from staff about when this will be resolved. When the staff does post an update, they might as well be talking about mountain climbing or anything else totally unrelated because they ignore all the relevant questions, points, and responses in the topic and state something that either won’t happen or doesn’t correlate with the circumstances.
- Several large volume vendors are talking about leaving – some already leave. Right now they are unable to withdraw at all because of the issues with the timers and the minimum withdraw limit of 1 bitcoin. Small volume vendors won’t be able to do business now either since they won’t be able to make the minimum of 1 bitcoin to withdraw.
- MORE INFO ABOUT CZECH VENDORS AND MODERATORS (WHO PROBABLY RUN THE SHEEP MARKETPLACE) :
- Sheep moderator ctrlaltweed and his friend PREMIUMGOODS (look at their profiles) – They used to just sell weed in small amounts. Now they dropped prices A LOT on ALL listings. Also they made new listings for BULK – never did this before. Also new listings for COCAINE MDMA etc – NEVER SOLD THIS BEFORE. AND GUESS WHAT. You have to FE on all orders, because of “Sheep withdrawal problem”!!! They know Sheep is closing and so they are reducing all prices, introducing new products, and making everyone FE to try and take as much as they can. THE CZECHS KNOW IT IS HAPPENING BECAUSE SHEEP IS RUN BY THE CZECHS.
- YOU ARE STILL THINKING SHEEP MARKETPLACE IS NOT GOING SCAM, AND YOU WILL NOT LOOSE MONEY ?
THIRD UPDATE ON SHEEP MARKETPLACE SCAM 30/11/2013 – MONEY GONE, FORUMS DOWN
- If you follow money on Blockchain (money gone link), you can see about $ 40 Million dollars worth of bitcoins in today value has been transfered from sheep marketplace
- Sheep turned off their forum, so now, they just keep silent.
- Most of vendors unlisted all items from market and no longer serving on sheep.
- It is only matter of time, when sheep marketplace will no longer be accessible and turned off.
- Chance Sheep Market is not scam is now little 0.1%.
So, wake up people! Don`t wait to loose your money on sheep market and rather go to another MarketPlace!
========== End Of Quote===============
Picture of the forum that is down at this moment:
MESSAGE FROM MOD , DEVICE:
I have no idea man. The fucking admin has disappeared. All people thinking us fucking mods in on it and we had no idea. We have no access to anything at all. All we can do is ban users and delete forum posts. We also lost everything. Invested so fucking much. No job, no security, now in fucking huge debt all because of “honest” promise of pay. I stil have some kind of hope, but it’s running out fast. I really really fucking hope this is just life problems for the admin team, but I have no idea. Thanks man for your support. This is a total fucking disaster though by the looks of it.
I’m so fucking sorry for everything I’ve said in the past. I got scammed just like every other fucking person. Scared for my fucking life now people trying to fucking dox us because they think we’re in on it. Fucked up man fucked up.
This was copied from the Sheep Marketplace Forum before it went down – the formatting seems legit like the forum:
Taken from Sheep Mod/vendor ctrlaltweed’s seller page:
I am a moderator that means i can edit/move/delete posts on forums and ban users, thats all moderator can do!
! ! ! ! ! WARNING ! ! ! ! !
Folks, leave sheep asap, admin took all money and did leave market. The reason is probably that one vendor did use bug in marketplace and did steal 5500BTC from sheep pocket. Then the problems with withdrawals happened, there were no tumbler, we were all fooled :/ we, the mods realized all facts just right now, we do hope that some of you can save btc after reading this.
PLEASE DO NOT DEPOSIT, YOU WONT BE ABLE WITHDRAW, NEVER EVER!
We have also had some unconfirmed reports about vendor offering money to anyone who could provide information about the real world identity of the sheep marketplace admins.
Links to the relevant Reddit threads:
Discussion on the Silk Road 2.0 forum (Onion.to Link): http://silkroad5v7dywlc.onion.to/index.php?topic=4892.0
We Will keep updating as this can turn out to be the biggest scam ever with the current Bitcoin prices.