Instead of creating all the market specific tutorials which are pretty similar anyway, here is a complete how to Buy Drugs Online From the DarknetMarkets tutorial that should cover most, if not all markets. Please remember that its recommended to use multisig transactions when buying drugs online. Market specific instructions should be available on the markets and on our multisig section. Not sure who to credit for most of the write up, it was just shared with me a few months ago, if you are reading this, please contact with a proof, you know which one. Some info changed to make it more accurate and current.
PRIVACY TIP FOR DEEP WEB USERS: Use a VPN with Tor. Click here to find the best VPN for privacy on the Deep Web.
The dark net markets markets are not accessed over the internet the same way a regular website is. Instead they are accessed through the Tor network. Tor (or The Onion Router) is software that enables you to browse the internet anonymously. It routes your connection through a network made up of multiple Tor servers. When you use Tor, your ISP will not be able to see what you are doing on the internet. However, if they look at your traffic they will know that you are using it.
To access the markets, you will need to use Tor. To prevent the IP address and location of the server being revealed, the markets are given a layer of anonymity by the Tor network and configured so they can only be accessed through it. Instead of a regular website’s top-level domain, like .com or .co.uk, Tor hidden services have the top-level domain .onion
You will need to use a browser configured to use Tor. Some people install and configure Tor and their browser separately, but the popular Tor Browser comes bundled with Tor and requires no configuration.
- Download it here.
- After the download is done, extract it into a folder (It is not installed – just extracted, and can be run from a USB drive)
- Run the “Start Tor Browser” shortcut. and you should see:
1) In the top left corner, click the blue “S” icon, then click “Forbid Scripts Globally (advised)”.
Why is this needed? Since it increases your potential attack surface. For example: In August 2013, the FBI had hacked a server hosting provider named Freedom Hosting. Freedom Hosting provided hosting for Tor hidden services, including some which served child porn.
The next step is to choose a market to register to. There are many markets you can use yo buy drugs online – whichever you choose is up to you. Though, not all will be currently open to registration.
Two lists of markets are:
You can also search these links for markets / vendor reviews. And check their uptime status on DeepDotWeb’s sidebar.
In Tor Browser, go to the market’s onion link and go to the registration page. Fill out the form as you would on any other website. Except, use a username not linked to your real identity and one that is different to what you use on other websites. Also, use different credentials for each market.
- Most markets will need a security pin. This pin will be required any time you make a payment. It is not recoverable, so write it down and remember it. Do not store it on your computer.
Example for a registration page:
The prices displayed on the site might be in USD, or maybe BTC (Bitcoin). Most markets will allow you to navigate to your profile page and set it to your country’s currency.
So you want to buy drugs online, bu what exactly are you interested in buying? Navigate to a product category, and then to a more specific subcategory. When browsing and searching for products, you’ll come across various sorting or filtering options on different markets, few examples from popular markets:
Products – Domestic
Do you want a product from within your own country? Ordering a product (buying drugs online) domestically is the safest option.
Ordering internationally is more risky because it means the product has to go through customs where it may be seized which could lead to you becoming the target of a subsequent police investigation.
Why might a package be seized? It could be because the seller (or vendor) you bought from has in the past caused some suspicion and has been profiled, or because the product was not sealed stealthily enough inside the package. Having a vendor with good “stealth” is very important.
Products – FE
FE stands for finalize early. This means that instead of paying for your product after it has first been shipped or delivered to you, you pay before. Sometimes this works but many people have been scammed this way: buyers have paid for their product and then the vendor has disappeared.
Generally, people will tell you to never FE. Though many vendors will require you to FE, mostly due to many markets exit scamming – causing them to lost all their escrow money. So use your judgement. Generally it is advised that you stay within escrow, this is your only protection as a buyer from being scammed.
Find a vendor that’s right for you
On the market, vendors will have a feedback score and messages from buyers that you can read through. On the market’s forums and elsewhere on the internet you can find reviews of vendors and their products written by buyers.
- Google your vendor’s name and also search for reviews on the market’s forums and on reddit
- Use Grams infodesk.
- Decide if you want to risk finalizing early
- If ordering internationally, read the product page and vendor profile page carefully and make sure that the vendor ships to your location and what are their terms for the case of failed shipments and non-arrivals.
Once you’ve narrowed your search down to a product and vendor you like, you will need to put funds in your market wallet.
The currency you’ll need to use is BTC (Bitcoin).
You will go through the steps of buying Bitcoin online using LocalBitcoins.com.
Go to LocalBitcoins and register. Like with the market, use information not linked to your real life identity or online persona.
It is not necessary to use Tor to register, though some people do. The way buying Bitcoin through LocalBitcoins works is, you pick a seller and request a purchase. This will cause that amount of Bitcoin to sit in escrow. You’ll get an invoice and then transfer the money. When you and the seller agree the purchase has gone through, the funds are released from escrow and you get Bitcoin in your LocalBitcoins wallet.
The steps are:
- You choose a seller to buy from
- You contact the seller with the amount you want to purchase (Send a trade request)
- On the website you will receive a message containing an invoice with a reference code.
- Make the payment – using bank, cash, paypal or whichever method used by the seller.
- Go back to the purchase page and “mark payment complete”
- The seller will mark that he has received the funds, then you will receive the Bitcoin to your LocalBitcoins wallet.
From the LocalBitcoins wallet to the market wallet
When the Bitcoin has made it to your wallet on the website, you have to go through with moving your Bitcoin from the wallet on LocalBitcoins to your wallet on the marketplace.
If you moved the Bitcoin directly from the LocalBitcoins wallet to the market wallet, then from looking at the publicly viewable transactions on the Bitcoin blockchain, the seller you purchased from would be able to see that transaction take place.
Though he wouldn’t actually know that the destination is a wallet on a market, so many people are fine with this. Others take an extra step toward anonymity and use a Bitcoin tumbling service.
Tumbling: What is it?
Tumbling is a form of laundering that attempts to break the public link between you and your Bitcoin. It works by transferring your Bitcoin to a wallet on the tumbling service’s website, and in turn receiving, to a different wallet, multiple separate transfers which together add up to the same amount you put in. The transfers are spaced over some variable length of time.
Your Bitcoin will move from the LocalBitcoins wallet to the tumbler wallet to the marketplace wallet.
Tumbling: Grams Helix
As an example, here are the steps to using Grams Helix. It is very straightforward.
- Just like keeping funds in the marketplace wallet might lead to them being stolen by a hacker, the same risks exist with the tumbling service. You don’t want to keep Bitcoin in the tumbler wallet for too long.
- You should only tumble the same amount that you’re spending on the product you want. You’ll actually need to transfer more than that to account for commissions.
The tumbling service will take some percent of the transferred amount as commission and the marketplace will take some percent of the buy amount. On top of that, Bitcoin transactions go quicker if they have fees attached. Transactions can take days if they have no fees. How much extra should you transfer to the tumbling service? Depending on what percent of fees the tumbling service and the market both take, most people will transfer an extra 5 to 15 percent to be on the safe side.
- Go back to the market and get the price in BTC of the product you want
- Account for commissions and decide on a higher amount – this will be your transfer amount
Tumbling: LocalBitcoins to BitBlender
- Find the Bitcoin Blender onion link (Bitcoin Blender). Go to it and register
- Go to “Deposit”
- You’ll see a 26-35 character long “deposit address”
- Back at LocalBitcoins go to your wallet.
- Paste your Bitcoin Blender deposit address as the receiving bitcoin address
- Input your transfer amount and submit
Tumbling: BitBlender to the market
You can watch both the LocalBitcoins wallet and the Bitcoin Blender wallet to see when the transaction has completed and the funds have made it
There is regular variation in Bitcoin transaction times so transfers can be quick or take awhile
- When they have made it, on Bitcoin Blender go to “Withdraw”
- Input your transfer amount
- Under List of addresses, you’ll need to input the address of your marketplace wallet
- Go back to the marketplace and go to your wallet. Find the address and copy it
- Input the copied address and submit
Again depending on Bitcoin transaction times and how Bitcoin Blender spaces out its transfers, your Bitcoin will eventually reach your market wallet.
Public Key Encryption
This is probably the most difficult step for most people, but most important if you want to buy drugs online and remain safe.
When you order from your vendor or send him a message, that information will be stored in the marketplace’s database. The marketplace server may be hacked or seized by law enforcement in the future, and you don’t want your private messages with any sensitive data (like your name and address) easily viewable by anyone who gets access to the database. These messages may also be seen by someone who has access to the vendor’s computer or market account. Since you want to send secure messages, the solution is to use encryption.
If you read pretty much any vendor’s profile page they will request that you encrypt your name and address. They will use an encryption called PGP (Pretty Good Privacy).
The way it works is, the vendor has both a public key and a private key. A buyer can use the vendor’s public key to encrypt a message. The vendor then uses their private key to decrypt the message. They keep their private key secure but not their public key, which they put on their profile, because using the public key a message can be encrypted but not decrypted.
You’re going to take the vendor’s public key and encrypt your name and address with it.
This tutorial won’t go into installing and using encryption software. Few tutorials:
- PGP Tutorial For Newbs (GPA – Gpg4Win)
- PGP Tutorial For Newbs (Kleopatra – Gpg4Win)
- PGP Tutorial For Newbs Gpg4usb
- Basic Guide to PGP On Linux
- PGP Tutorial for OSX
After you’ve read those, you might want to practice encrypting and decrypting messages. A reddit subreddit is here to help you do this: https://www.reddit.com/r/GPGpractice
After you have a public and private key and they are both backed up somewhere, like on an encrypted USB drive, you will need to add your public key to your market profile so a vendor can send you messages.
Go to your profile and input the public key and save it. If the vendor wants to send you a private message, he’ll go to your profile and get your public key.
Buying Drugs! (or whatever else)
With funds in your market wallet and being able to easily encrypt messages using a public key, you are ready to buy.
Before you do, though, go and double check both the product page and the vendor’s profile page. Make sure you understand their instructions and their requirements, like whether they ship to your location or require FE.
Buying: Encrypting your name and address
Now need to encrypt your name and address with the vendor’s public key. The vendor will usually give the format they want the name and address in, though they’re mostly all the same standard format, e.g:
138 Beats Street
Los Angeles CA 01337
- Before you encrypt your name and address, make sure to double check it
- Copy the vendor’s public key and import it into your PGP program and encrypt your name and address
- Copy your encrypted name and address to the clipboard
- Go to the product page and select to buy it now or add to your shopping cart
- After you’ve done that you’ll see a shipping message section
- In it paste your encrypted name and address, this is an example from a specific market, but it works pretty much the same for all markets:
- Submit the order
As the order progresses it will go through a number of statuses, like “processing” or “pending,” “in transit” and “shipped.” It might get a “rejected” or “cancelled” status, maybe because the vendor only sells to buyers with more feedback, or maybe because your name and address was formatted wrong or the vendor was out of stock or who knows.
If you decided to FE, then you can follow an option to finalize and release the funds.
Receiving: no problems?
Hopefully you get your delivery. Hopefully the vendor used good stealth and the delivery looks like any other regular mail. Open it up and find the product.
Check it out and make sure it is everything you ordered. If there are no problems, hop back on to the market and go to the order page of your received product. Here you finalize the payment by releasing the funds from escrow (unless you chose to FE).
You should leave feedback. Choose the appropriate rating and leave a message referencing the delivery, the stealth and the product itself. This will be helpful for the vendor and other potential buyers.
Receiving: Something’s wrong
If there’s a problem with the order, e.g. maybe the date is past the “latest date” given by the vendor but still hasn’t arrived yet, or maybe it is not what you ordered, then you should first message the vendor with your problem. In many cases a problem with the order will be due to an honest mistake and the vendor will reship or give you a refund.
If you feel the vendor is being uncooperative and not trying to fix a mistake then you can open a dispute. A dispute will be created between you, a moderator and the vendor.
Go to the order page of your received product and choose the dispute option. Remain cool and unemotional, give your concerns and hopefully the issue will get fixed. Maybe the vendor will reship or give you a refund. Before you say anything, remember that the vendor has your name and address.
Things to remember before you decide to buy drugs online:
- Get your markets links only from reputable sources, phishing scams are very common.
List of Dark Net Markets
Dark Net Markets Comparison Chart
Make sure you see the lock and HTTPS:
- Never enter your pin on a login page. If a login page requests your pin – its a phishing site.
- Always use PGP
- Use Multisig where available.
Before you decide to buy drugs online from the dark net markets – use common sense!