Home » Featured » Business Owner Accused of Smuggling Fentanyl Found Dead in Norwood Home
Click Here To Hide Tor

Business Owner Accused of Smuggling Fentanyl Found Dead in Norwood Home

Reports from the Hamilton County Coroner’s office states that a Norwood woman who was accused of smuggling fentanyl passed away last week.

Even though this death cannot be attributed as an overdose, it still adds up to the number of fentanyl-related deaths which keep going up every day.

Grace Bosworth, 39, owner of Global to Local Languages, a Cincinnati translation and interpretation company was charged in federal court earlier this year in June together with 30-year-old James Halpin after prosecutors suggest they shipped and received packages containing fentanyl through the U.S Postal Service as the means of distributing this drug across the country.

Jim Halpin is listed as the chief operating officer of Local Language Solutions, on LinkedIn, with Grace Bosworth also listed as the business agent, according to filings with the Ohio Secretary of State.

The two were ordered complete in-patient substance abuse treatment as part of their bond, in addition to submitting mental health evaluations.

Court documents stated that, after Bosworth completes the program, she would be then monitored electronically during the rest of the trial. Halpin, on the other hand, was made to live with his parents in Connecticut following treatment after the trial.

According to a federal affidavit, they were alleged to have sold 100 milligrams to an undercover Homeland Security special agent via the dark web.

Halpin admitted to mailing over 30 parcels containing 50 to 100mg quantities of fentanyl, the agent wrote. He also claimed that Halpin stated that the parcels were packaged by Bosworth and that he was only doing the job of mailing those parcels at the post office. According to Halpin, he and Bosworth used fentanyl on a daily basis.

Fentanyl has been getting spread across the U.S., which is already a problem because the deadly synthetic opioid is now causing numerous deaths among users. Another problem which is also rising is the way fentanyl is now smuggled. Many individuals and companies smuggle this synthetic opioid online by what’s called the “mail order drug.”

Although many plans and actions are in place to help curb this opioid epidemic, such as a creaky X-ray machine, a borrowed handheld laser that can peek inside packages, and some sleek shepherd trained to detect fentanyl, drug smuggling through the mail by post office seems to tell people that, the country is not doing enough to stop this crisis. Many people have expressed serious concerns about this issue. The amount of fentanyl coming into the U.S. through the mail system is growing with smaller packages at much greater potency.

Buddy Carter, a pharmacist, who is also a Georgia Republican earlier in the year voiced out his frustrations on this matter saying “We have opioids being delivered in the mail, and left on the front porch.”

Fentanyl reaches the U.S. from many countries but reports suggest that China is the primary source. Between 170,000 to 400,000 companies in China are in the synthetic drugs manufacturing business but the U.S. was in contact with only Beijing monitoring them, as of March this year.

Mexican drug cartels are presumed to be the primary buyers according to experts. They mix the fentanyl with heroin and other substances and then smuggle those diluted mixtures across the U.S.-Mexican border.

Robert Perez, an acting commissioner with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection agency, has stated that he expects an increase in the number of seizures in the mail and express consignment environment in the coming years.

U.S. Attorney David A. Sierleja stated that the smuggled fentanyl was enough to “kill a football stadium full of people.”

On the 5th of December, Ms. Bosworth was discovered dead on the second floor of her home at 5011 Forest Ave. Ronald Murphy. A Norwood Police Lt. has since ruled the death as a suicide.

She was released in July and under the terms of her release, she was required to submit to drug testing once a week and was released to home detention with location monitoring, according to court documents.

A waiver filed by Bosworth on the 5th of October suggested that she was exploring pre-indictment negotiations with the government.

Bosworth was found by officers during a welfare check after a pre-trial services agent stated that she was in home monitoring and had not moved from the house in three days, according to the Norwood Police Department’s incident report.

A memorial service has been scheduled to take place at 6649 Palmer Place in Loveland.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Captcha: *